Andertons Music Co.
Digital Content Manager
09th November 2021
Founded in 1964, Andertons is now one of the largest & best-known musical instrument retailers in the world and employs over 140 people across 3 sites in Guildford, Surrey, including its flagship world-renowned retail store. Andertons is a multi-award-winning business that has invested heavily in both people and tools to facilitate continued eCommerce growth with a website that regularly has over 1 Million visitors and 150,000 transactions a month through its website.
About the Role
We’re currently looking for an experienced Digital Content Manager to lead our in-house content team that manages the customer-facing product and promotional content on the Andertons website and blog. You will also take responsibility for driving the delivery and development of our content strategy and calendar. It’s a critical role in a fast-paced eCommerce environment, working with a highly passionate team of digital content creators in an exciting retail category.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and leading the delivery of all content creation from product descriptions, blogs, emails to landing pages (etc.) and to ensure every piece of content is as concise, accurate, and impactful as can be but also commercially successful.
- Developing the relationship with our 3 Product Category Managers to ensure we are maximising all revenue opportunities through customer-centric engaging content.
- Working collaboratively with the category Product Owners and Digital Marketing Manager in devising content calendars that feed into our core content objectives: organic traffic and revenue growth.
- Work with the Head of Ecommerce to translate overarching content strategy into product-specific content strategies, tactics and implementation
- Managing a team of 5 in-house content creators across 3 retail categories.
- Have an understanding of the wider eCommerce marketing mix, with experience working with digital marketing teams in eCommerce environments.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of content creation and SEO and the role they play in direct product sales.
- Have several years’ experience in a fast-paced eCommerce environment.
- Be able to demonstrate successfully managing and developing a team.
- Be commercially savvy in order to manage deadlines and help prioritise team workload if necessary.
- Be highly organised and able to keep abreast of a rapidly changing schedule of work.
- Have a good working knowledge of data and insight tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console and SEM Rush.
- Be able to influence and challenge senior stakeholders constructively.
- Have an interest in music, whether a guitarist, music producer or drum fanatic.