Andertons Music Co.
Digital Product Marketer
01st March 2021
Are you a musician that loves writing and wants to join (probably) the fastest growing web team in the country?
We’re looking to hire a Digital Product Marketer who can translate his/her faultless knowledge about guitars, drums, keys and recording equipment into exciting, enthusiastic and succinct descriptions for the Andertons website, as well as managing the catalogue, promotions and other pages of our online store.
You’ll be working in our fast-paced web team (based in Guildford) administering products, special offers, promotions and pages on the Andertons website. You’ll benefit from being in a talented and innovative team within a family-run business with 50 years of heritage selling musical instruments and gear.
You will be
- A musician who lives and breathes gear – a proper gear nerd if you will
- Have some degree of knowledge of gear in all categories of the business – Guitars, Keyboards, Drums, PA, Recording
- A confident writer with a flair for writing effective, succinct marketing copy
- Eager to learn about marketing within a thriving ecommerce business
- A team player with a sense of humour and can-do attitude
- Passionate about digital marketing
You’ll be responsible for
- Writing about the hot-off-the-press new releases in the music instrument world
- Summarising products in your own words and using your creative writing skills to sell the benefits of products
- Managing promotions and working with our merchandising & email marketing teams for key launches & deals
- Creating long-form copy for content marketing to support the organic search growth of the website
- Providing support to sales teams with real-time website administration
- Communicating with suppliers and internal stakeholders about new launches and current promotions
- Maintaining and updating our website day-to-day
You will need these key skills
- Good knowledge of music equipment including knowledge of the construction and features of those products
- Ability to understand, describe and sell any piece of gear we sell having read the manufacturer’s description of it
- Ability to get complex data entry right first time and at pace
- Ability to work quickly whilst maintaining excellent standards
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail including good spelling and consistent formatting
- An excellent work ethic
- A base understanding of various social media platforms & content management systems.
- Strong initiative
- Experience working with HTML
- A keen eye for visual on-site merchandising
- An understand of digital marketing
- Degree level qualification
- An unquenchable thirst for knowledge about the music industry and musical equipment!
Benefits of the position include
- In-house training provided
- Generous staff discount scheme (after 6 month probation period)
- Joining an award winning team
- 20 days holiday annually + bank holidays