Andertons Music Co.
Posted on: 04th January 2021
What will an Assistant Guitar Buyer be responsible for?
You’ll be working under the Guitar Category Manager (GCM) to assist with looking after the purchasing, merchandising and sales for the guitar division at Andertons Music Company. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the guitar market & previous buying experience. Ideally you’ll have previous experience in a B2C or B2B guitar related business. You’ll need to be organised & used to dealing with large amounts of data as there are over 13,000 products in our guitar catalogue. A large part of the role will be using data to analyse trends & forecasting how much stock we’ll need to order to satisfy demand. You’ll need to be able to build & maintain positive relations with our suppliers & key internal staff. You’ll need good communication skills to convey key messages from suppliers up to the GCM and along to other divisions in the business including web marketing/content, video team, retail sales, customer service and warehouse teams. A strong understanding of how e-commerce and traditional retail works is a must.
• Replenishment ordering of stock in the guitar department.
• Regularly review buying strategy with Guitar Category Manager including overstock and understock reports.
• Use our technology to monitor competitors, identify trends and report findings to the Guitar Category Manager.
• Plan and schedule forward orders with key overseas suppliers.
• Deal with internal day-to-day enquiries relating to the guitar department.
• Support our digital content team by communicating key information about commercial dates such as new product launches. This includes working with our content team to ensure key products are listed on the site and merchandised.
• Regularly communicate with suppliers for key information on new products or stock buying opportunities.
• Join internal and external strategy meetings with key suppliers and stakeholders.
• A very strong knowledge of the guitar instrument industry with an understanding of current trends in the market.
• Strong administrative skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Commercial awareness and a strong understanding of e-commerce and traditional retail.
• A high level of computer literacy, especially MS Outlook and Excel.
• A great team player with a friendly and articulate manner.
• High attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
• Excellent time management and prioritisation.