Andertons Music Co.
Guitar Category Marketing Lead
30th April 2021
Were you born with a guitar in your hand? Do you have extensive experience in a music e-commerce environment? Then we have the ideal role for you!
Andertons are looking for a hot-shot Guitar Category Marketing Lead to take our Guitar department to the next level. Working very closely with the Website & SEO Manager, Guitar Category Manager and Communications team, you’ll have a highly passionate team to work with to develop, and nurture the Guitar Category on the website as well as through promotional marketing. The team consists of a Senior Guitar Product Marketer, a Digital Product Marketer, and a Guitar Online Merchandiser.
You will have a close working relationship with the Guitar Category Manager and will need to quickly understand product launches, be able to prioritise, brief and manage key launches within the Guitar Category team, as well as coordinating promotional activity with the Communications team. You’ll be able to manage multiple projects within a fast-paced environment, pushing the performance of the category by viewing it through both a customer experience and commercially focused lens.
Being able to analyse detailed sales & Google Analytics data, you will see opportunities to improve and evolve the Guitar Department’s broad-ranging marketing activities, from SEO & Content Marketing to user experience and highly important catalogue maintenance.
You will be:
- A proactive go-getter – bringing creative ideas to promotions, processes, marketing & product launches
- A meticulous eye for detail – ensuring the Guitar category is always as best as it can be
- Experienced in E-commerce & Marketing – with ideally several years experience in an Ecomm or Marketing environment in a similar role
- A problem solver – you’ll be able to take detailed information, data or promotions, and find the most efficient & creative way to get work completed
- Commercially focused – knowing how to prioritise incoming work to focus on the most commercially effective pieces first
- Strategic – Being able to think 3-6 months ahead at what’s coming up, managing workload of the team and ensuring key projects are completed to deadlines
- Questioning everything – Is a process inefficient? Change it. Is there a better way? Implement it.
- Leading from the front – Not afraid to jump into the nitty-gritty to support on larger launches and projects to support the team and the Guitar category
You will be responsible for:
- Being the main point of contact for anything Guitar related into the team
- Helping to nurture and develop the Andertons Guitar Category team
- Product Launches from start to finish
- Writing benefit-driven, succinct, copy for key products & ranges
- Maintenance and development of the Guitar category on the Andertons website
- Coming up with Strategies and projects for SEO & Content marketing
- Developing the Guitar Online Merchandising function
- Creating an incredible customer journey on the Andertons website
- Working closely with Purchasing teams to share insights and take marketing initiatives through together
- Writing blogs & guides relevant to the category to improve SEO Visibility
Benefits of the position include
- In-house training provided
- Generous staff discount scheme (after 6 month probation period)
- Joining an award-winning team
- 20 days holiday annually + bank holidays
Contract Type: Full Time
Working Hours: 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday (with flexi-time)
Job Location: Guildford/Hybrid Working Available