Andertons Music Co.
Guitar Purchasing Administrator
04th January 2021
You’ll need to use your excellent organisational and administrative skills to help us maintain a large catalogue of guitar stock codes and keep our database up to date with accurate delivery and stock information. A keen interest in the guitar industry and guitar products is key, as you’ll need to build relationships with our suppliers and help Andertons stay on top of commercial dates. This includes big product launches and important delivery times of our products so that we can continue to serve our customers with accurate information.
You’ll need good communication skills to ensure that you can convey messages from suppliers to sales staff and stakeholders at Andertons. Being highly computer literate and mathematically proficient is a must.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A high level of computer literacy, especially MS Outlook and Excel. This includes extracting data from excel, using look up tables and excel formulas.
- Clear and articulate telephone manner.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation with a commercial mindset.
- A base knowledge of the guitar instrument industry with an understanding of current trends in the market.
- Maintain our database with up-to-date stock and delivery information for guitar brands sold at Andertons including Fender, Gibson, PRS, Marshall etc.
- To communicate key information from suppliers to our sales staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- To liaise with suppliers to confirm delivery times for outstanding purchase orders and update systems on a daily basis with the information obtained.
- Work with the Guitar Category Manager to create new stock codes as we continue to expand our selection of great guitar product at Andertons Music Co.
- Create statistical analysis quickly and accurately using our reporting structure.
- To build monthly sales and inventory reports for suppliers & key Andertons stakeholders.
- Administrative support and help cover additional administrative/data-entry tasks with the purchasing team over busy periods.