Andertons Music Co.
Roland Product Specialist
11th January 2019
Roland is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic musical instruments including pianos, keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion kits, digital recording equipment, amplifiers and audio processing devices.
Roland Planets are a retail arm of Roland UK.
A Roland Planet is an area manned by a Roland Product Specialist, located in leading musical instrument retailers to promote, demonstrate, sell and provide customer support for Roland, Boss and V-Moda products.
Please refer to our website for more information of Roland and Boss products www.roland.co.uk.
The person we are seeking has sales experience and a passion for music technology. You will have the ability to drive musical instrument sales as an outstanding product demonstrator, offer excellent customer service, work with store team members and have an appetite to proactively sell. The individual we are looking for will have the ability to become an accomplished sales person managing a broad range of the Roland and Boss business within the Planet store, offering excellent product knowledge and promote both Roland and the store via traditional and digital marketing methods.
The person will be the sole Roland representative in the store and will therefore be involved in every aspect of running a successful retail business.
- Company: Roland UK Ltd
- Department: Sales
- Reporting to: Retail Manager
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: Competitive basic salary, Commission %, Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension
- Days/Hours: 5 day weeks (including a weekend day)
Company Benefits: Discount on Roland products, 23 days holiday (plus birthday) and awards schemes, childcare schemes, access to company doctor
- Dealing with a large cross section of customer enquiries
- Demonstrating and selling Roland & Boss products
- Following up sales leads
- Offering technical support for customers of the Roland Planet
- Managing and maintaining the Roland & Boss areas
- Creating marketing campaigns for local and online audiences via traditional and digital methods including social media
- Completing reports
- Train and work closely with other store staff to maximise Roland & Boss sales
- Run promotional events throughout the year
Key Attributes & Experience
- Experience in a sales role
- Punctual & reliable
- Excellent communicator both on the telephone and face to face
- To have a strong interest and understanding of Hi-tech products
- Must be proficient in Piano/Keyboard
- The ability to play/use competently two of the following: –
- Recording/Production equipment (computer based recording)
- Experience in a customer service role
- Highly organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks
- Naturally an independent worker who uses initiative to find solutions
- Creatively minded to continuously improve and overcome challenges
- Polite, helpful and an active listener
- Someone who has the ability to put customers at ease
- A persuasive nature & the ability to think on your feet
- Competent computer skills with experience of email, calendars, internet & reporting
- Has the ability to work with management of the store and key stakeholders to grow business for the future
- A clean and well organised person who would successfully plan their time to maintain and manage the Roland displays
- Good understanding of social media
- Enthusiastic manner & passionate about music
Please note that all applications go through Roland.
To apply please email your completed application to the HR & Administration Manager email@example.com
Download the Job Application Form
Download the Planet specific application form